After a few minutes of Googling, I found out the Liebster Award is given by bloggers to bloggers. The point of the award is to spread blogging love for sites that are on the smaller side. It’s a pay it forward movement that’s meant to gain those nominated and those nominating new followers! Here’s how we go about it:
1. Thank and link back to the person who nominates you.
2. Answer the questions given by the person who nominates you.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
4. Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know they’ve been nominated!
Thank you so much, Kristen. P&S readers, how about we give Kirsten Loves Lyla some reader love? Now, to answer some questions:
1. You only get to eat one food for the rest of your life. What is it?
French bread and cheese. I’m simple. I always tell my friends I could have survived just fine in 18th century France.
2. What is your focus goal for your blog this year?
On P&S I’m really attempting to diversify my editorial content and expand my readership by doing so. I want to show that I don’t only love to write, but I enjoy curating content as well!
3. What is one thing you love about yourself?
I love my big round cheeks. I’ve spent a lot of time complaining that they’re not high cheek bones, but now that I’m a little older I’ve realized that they’re my signature thing.
4. Your proudest moment?
Getting into the journalism program in the school of media and public affairs at gw. I was so undecided for so long that deciding on a major and succeeding in getting into the program felt like a huge accomplishment.
5. Favorite movie?
This a tie between 500 Days of Summer and The Family Stone. Both are quirky and little bit devastating. I love them for that.
6. What are two things you hope to improve about your blog?
First, I want post more regularly and have more of a uniform schedule. Second, I want to cement my series into features that readers want to come back to P&S to check.
7. What is the one thing you hate the most?
8. What is your dream vacation?
Traveling around Europe for an extended period of time with the people that I love.
9. What is one thing you can’t live without?
A notebook (and a pen). If you know me then you know that I never go far without something to write on.
10. Where do you like to go with your friends?
I like to try out new restaurants all around DC.
11. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Honestly, I have no idea. Then again, that uncertainty is exactly what this blog is about.
Next! My 11 nominees:
- Lindsey of Rebhan Rennovation
- Olivia of Liv Laugh & Love Leopard
- Erin of Styles I Like
- Kelsey of Fashioning Fiction
- Ana of Better Than Ramen
- Dezzie of Dezzie, Darling
- Yuen of the Craziest Paradigm
- Angela of Cowgirl Runs
- Rebeca Elena of The Glitter Diaries
- Becky Neeb of her Paris Abroad Blog
- Holly of Simplify Create Inspire
- Kelsey of Fashioning Fiction
My Questions to the above 11 bloggers:
- Why did you start your blog?
- What’s your favorite thing to blog about?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What’s your favorite place to go by yourself?
- Coffee or tea?
- Can you describe your personal style?
- What can readers expect from your blog in the upcoming year?
- What are you most excited about right now?
- Biggest accomplishment?
- What’s your favorite type of music?
- What did you do today to reach a goal that you have?